This blog was started as a way for me to document and reflect on all of life’s blessings as we begin our family.
I’m Brittni. Born & bred in Eastern NC and have no desire to ever live anywhere else. My husband, Clint, and I are originally from Wilson, NC, where both of our parents all still reside. We were married August 27, 2011 and currently own our first home in Durham. I work as a pediatric occupational therapist, working mostly with children with Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, and fine/gross motor delays. Clint is co-owner of Jersey Mike’s in Chapel Hill and enjoys being a business owner in his college town. Our first baby, Bailey, is a beautiful and brilliant Border Collie mix. Her world will surely be turned upside down with the arrival of her little sister (due to arrive December 24) , but thankfully she is wonderful with anyone under 4 ft tall. Clint and I are tickled pink to become parents and know that our lives will never be the same. We cherish the relationships we have made with our church family at the Church of the Good Shepherd and love growing in our faith with each other. A few “fun facts” about myself….
1) we were married during a hurricane, but that didn’t stop us (or our wedding guests) from having a phenomenal time
2) I graduated from NCSU and truly love being a part of the Wolfpack–even if UNC has grown on me more by nature of marriage and location
3) I LOVE Pure Barre and have been regularly “Lifting, Toning and Burning” for 2 1/2 years
4) I have a huge sweet tooth, which almost got me in trouble with a Gestational Diabetes scare
5) I am the biggest Wizard of Oz fan you will ever meet. I hope Brooklyn shares my love because it is also her nursery theme